Guadalupe Nipomo Dunes Center
Director of Grants and Programs
Manages multiple projects and priorities including searching for funding sources, writing proposals, managing existing grants, reporting to stakeholders, and working on special projects. Cultivates a network of dedicated donors and volunteers and form strong relationships with external stakeholders.
Join our team as a Grant Project Manager, where you’ll have the opportunity to
develop, implement, and manage strategic plans to secure funding from a diverse portfolio of corporations, foundations, and government sources. You will make an impact across the organization,
working closely with all departments. You’ll identify prospective relationships and maintain new ones, encouraging stewardship and continued commitment to our mission.
- Strategic Planning: Utilize a thorough understanding of the Dunes Center’s initiatives, programs and core values to develop long–term strategies to secure new and renewal funding from corporations,
foundations, and government sources.
- Fund Sourcing: Leverage the Dunes Center’s resource base to seek out prospective funders as part of
your strategic planning.
- Proposal Content Development: Translate the Dunes Center’s internal needs, strategy and vision into the development of grant proposals for direct use with prospective funders.
- Grant Revenue Tracking, Budgeting and Forecasting: Track and report on grant revenue to the Executive Director and Board’s Finance and Grants Committee. Apply knowledge of current and projected grant revenue initiatives to budget and forecast grant revenue, directly assisting leadership in key strategy decisions.
- Supports the overall Dunes Center’s strategy and revenue.
- Excellent written communication and project management skills.
- Proven track record in securing both government grants and private/corporate foundation grants
- Strong technical skills including anticipating and adopting new applications
- Creativity in work, problem solving, and organizational thinking
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, work under a deadline, and pivot priorities
- Experience and success working across departments and with management
- Strong attention to detail including following or documenting processes
- Experience in interpreting, understanding, and implementing state, federal, corporate, and foundation grant requirements
- At least 3 years of grant writing—or directly applicable—experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in relevant field (communication, writing, business,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with QuickBooks, Canva and fundraising databases